You can access our website and browse without disclosing your personal data.
Our website does not enable visitors to communicate with other visitors or to post information that can be accessed by others.
We do not automatically log personal data nor do we link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
We do automatically log users IP address and session information such as the duration of visits and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the web server and is only used for the system administration and to provide statistics which the business uses to evaluate use of the site.
We do collect personal information about our patients when they attend the practice for treatment. The collection and processing of this information is governed by our Data Protection policy and General Data Protection Regulations policy.
Simpson and Nisbet Dental Centre is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Simpson and Nisbet Dental Centre may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with the changes. This policy is effective from 1st May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then data is removed from the systems.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than data you choose to share with us.
Cookies set by 3rd Parties
Facebook Some of our pages use Facebook sharing buttons or fan boxes. Facebook may set a number of cookies to store your login state, preferences or other information.
For more information on what cookies Facebook uses, please refer to Facebooks data use policy
Google Analytics We use a website analytics service called Google Analytics to help us see how customers are using our website, what they like and how improvements can be made.
Google Maps Some of our pages include interactive maps provided by Google. Google may set cookies to store information and preferences about maps or other associated Google services where we embed Google maps.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may to choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on a website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you give permission for cookies to be used and the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to 3rd parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen and give your consent prior.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations. The request will be passed to our Data Controllers, Rebecca Renforth and Natalie Henderson. They will process your request and get back to you with a decision (and possibly your personal data) within 1 month. The Data Controllers have the right to deny you access to your personal data but must give you a valid reason why – also within 1 month. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 43 Osborne Road, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 2AH.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Please see the General Data Protection Regulations Policy for more rights you have regarding the data we hold on you and haw we process it.
Last reviewed: May 2018