Invisalign the revolutionary teeth-straightening treatment
Invisalign is a revolutionary treatment for straightening teeth, it’s discreet and the aligners gradually move your teeth into the desired position.
Invisalign is a clear alternative to braces and can improve your smile without most people even noticing you are wearing them. Great for both adults and teenagers, plus removable so you can eat in comfort and brush your teeth easily.
Three phases are involved in the treatment, firstly the initial consultation, taking of photographs and impressions. Phase two, impressions are digitalised and a 3D computer image is created, we can then show you a virtual makeup of your treatment before, the process, during and after. Phase three, once deciding to go ahead with the treatment we will make the custom-made aligners, they are changed every 10 – 14 days and the overall treatment will normally take around 5 – 6 months.
Tips for optimising the results of your Invisalign treatment
- Don’t keep removing your aligners, ensure you keep them in for at least 20 hours a day. If you are removing them when eating or brushing your teeth ensure you put them straight back in.
- In addition to brushing your teeth twice a day, you should also brush them after eating or drinking coloured food. This will help prevent the aligners from ending up stained and keep them looking discreet.
- Cleaning – use warm water and a soft toothbrush to clean them mild soap is also fine. Do not soak them in toothpaste or mouthwash and this will remove the transparency of the aligners. Never use hot water as it can cause them to change shape.
- When removing your aligners, wrap them in tissue and keep them in their original case.
- Keeping hold of your old retainers – if you lose or break an aligner you may need to temporarily use the old ones. It’s best to hang on to them just in case rather than throwing them away.
Book a consultation
Finally, if you would like to book a consultation please see visit our contact page.
Keep informed of all our latest news
If you would like to keep informed of all our latest news, please join our Facebook Page.